The Governing Body, school leadership team and staff at Silkstone Primary School have a shared vision for the future – a future that puts children at the heart of all we do, transforms their lives and gives them the very best foundations in life as they continue their journey into secondary education. By creating a culture that facilitates our vision, we aim to provide a beacon of excellence that shines in our community and beyond.
Our vision is that we all:
- Love learning;
- Are active learners who set our own goals and targets, and work hard to achieve them;
- Are fully involved in the life of the school and the community;
- Develop resilience, character and self-confidence;
- Enjoy behaving well, showing respect, care and support for others;
- Embrace opportunities for collaboration and cooperation within school, the wider school system and community;
- Discover, enjoy and extend our own unique gifts and talents;
- Fulfil our potential by making strong progress and achieving to the best of our ability.
- Pursue excellence and have high aspirations and expectations.
We aim to realise this through creating:
- A school with soul, where spiritual, moral, social and cultural development underpins academic excellence;
- Inspirational learning opportunities which build skills for life;
- Meaningful, motivating and memorable teaching which excites imaginations and inspires dreams;
- A holistic and inclusive curriculum providing abundant opportunities to participate and excel within and beyond the school day;
- A culture that enthuses and empowers us all to extend our own learning;
- A listening school where children and adults know their views are important, respected and acted on;
- An ethos where everyone loves to be together and we share a passion for learning and development;
- A warm, positive environment where we value effort, recognise success and celebrate achievements;
- Opportunities for leadership at all levels and a supportive climate for us all to develop;
- A sense of team where we all feel valued and respected;
- An open, enquiring and outward looking perspective where we all recognise and embrace the strength and potential of working with others;
- A school which has children and learning at the heart of everything we do.